I’m obsessed with this recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine. I have a little secret to making this easy peasy but shhhhh don’t tell Martha!
How many times have you considered roasting your own chicken? For starters a whole chicken is expensive and you need to be sure it reaches the appropriate temperature (125°) using a meat thermometer.
My little trick for this fantabulous winner winner chicken dinner? Purchase a rotisserie chicken (preferably at Whole Foods). Select the least flavored chicken to avoid clashing with the other ingredients.
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (preferably hormone free)
- 1 lemon, halved
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes (cut in half or in thirds if large) or small red potatoes (1-2 per person) cut in wedges
- Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested (2 teaspoons) and juiced (11/2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Coarse Salt
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 °
- Place chicken breast side up on baking sheet. Place 1 lemon half in cavity and loosely cover with foil.
- Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in separate pan. Drizzle with juice from remaining lemon half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 °; cook for 25 minutes. Rotate pan, toss potatoes and cook until golden brown.
- Place chicken on higher rack to warm as potatoes cook.
- Prepare sauce by combining ingredients.
- Remove chicken and potatoes, let rest for 10 mins.
- Brush sauce on chicken and drizzle on potatoes
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living – Lemon, Parsley and Parmesan Plus Chicken and Potatoes.