The Dr Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse is over and I survived!! With the exception of day 2 when I almost bailed by the time dinner rolled around, it wasn’t so bad. I powered through, ate the fourth smoothie and when that didn’t seem to work, I had a tablespoon of almond butter before bed.
Day 3 was much more difficult. I wasn’t hungry, just tired of drinking my meals. The thought of having the same smoothies four times that day, took a serious toll on my will power. Around 3:00 pm I caved and ate a Wheat Thin. Not an ideal choice, but I really couldn’t take throwing everything into the blender for the scheduled snack.
It took me by surprise when my jaw almost locked up, which I assume was from not chewing for almost 50 hours. Locked jaw or not, I was eating something with substance. Having come this far I really wanted to finish out the day but caved and ate two tacos that night for dinner. I know, sounds terrible but at this point I had no will power.
The next morning (Day 4) to recover from the tacos, I drank the morning detox tea, continuing with the breakfast and lunch smoothie. That evening I celebrated with sushi and much deserved glass of wine.
Morning Detox Tea (hot water, lemon, green tea, cayenne pepper)
Breakfast Smoothie (raspberry, spinach, flaxseed, almond butter, etc)
Lunch smoothie comprised of greens (celery, kale, cucumber, apple, limes)
Dinner smoothie includes blueberries, mango, kale, lemon, avocado, cayenne pepper.
So was it worth doing? YES!!. I lost 1 inch from my waist, 1 inch from my hips, 1/2 inch from my thighs.
To be honest that was a nice bonus, but the goal was to reset my hormones and start burning the fat that won’t go away. I decided to refrain from working out until the day after the cleanse. The smoothies gave me energy, but not enough to push through a workout. Plus I think your body needs a break every so often.
Would I do it again? Yes and I plan to schedule round two after Thanksgiving. It’s a great way to flush out toxins and while I may not see a huge jump in measurements, I can visually see that my stomach is getting flatter.
Tips for Dr Oz 3 Day Detox Cleanse:
- Find three days when you can work from home so there is no excuse to miss making the smoothies. There are a lot of ingredients that might make it difficult to travel. You could also do this over a long weekend. Even if you made it 2 days, it’s better than nothing.
- Don’t omit any of the ingredients, especially the fats. If you have a nut allergy, replace the almond butter with the same amount of coconut oil.
- Don’t expect to lose weight. I’m seeing more changes post cleanse. The goal is all about resetting your hormones.
- Don’t skip the supplements, especially the Probiotic (powder form is my preference and can be easily added to smoothies)
- Expect to “cleanse” 2-3 times (or more) per day.
- Reward yourself with a celebration meal if you make it all 3 days!
Have you ever tried a detox cleanse and what were your results?
Be sure to follow along!
I found these products extremely helpful to keep me on track.